Join the National Organization of Retired Postal Workers (NORPW)

Share This

Thursday October 31 2019

There are three ways to support CUPW and the labour movement during your retirement:

1. Become a CUPW retired member, as per section 1.22 of the National Constitution. You can become a retired member by sending a request to your Local Secretary- Treasurer and asking for a retired member status. It is easy, free, and upon registration, you will be issued a Retired Membership Card. This will ensure you continue receiving the “Perspective”.

2. Join the “CUPW National Organization of Retired Postal Workers” (NORPW). NORPW gives retirees a voice and input into the future of our pensions and post retirement benefits with no requirement to pay union dues. To join, send the completed form and payment to the address at the bottom of the application form.

3. Join your CUPW Local Retiree Committee. By joining your Local Retiree Committee, you can stay informed about your pension and post- retirement benefits, socialize with other retirees, raise issues of concern and share your knowledge, experience and ideas with your Local. Contact your Local Executive Committee for additional information.

In addition to the above, retirees from other Unions have set-up organizations to continue the fight for pensions, pharmacare, and services to seniors. In most provinces, the Congress of Union Retirees of Canada (CURC) is the organization representing retired union members ( In Quebec, contact the Regroupement des syndicalistes à la retraite (RSR) (

NORPW Application Form (pdf)922.67 KB